The Prairie Aviation museum needs the talents of many people with a variety of backgrounds, experiences, skills and dedication towards the preservation of aviation history.
You do NOT need to have a background in aviation, just an interest in aviation and space plus a willingness to help others. We are an all volunteer organization, with no paid staff.
We do not receive any funds from local, state or federal taxes.
The Museum’s growth depends upon members willing to volunteer their time and energy to work projects. Although membership does not automatically bring a working commitment, there are opportunities to get involved in many areas of work and service, whatever your interests might be.
Some examples of our needs are:
- working with youth; radio and television interviews;
- writing; research about aircraft, aviators, and military veterans;
- creation of displays;
- advertising, public speaking;
- general and specialized aircraft maintenance;
- pilot; engineer; security;
- restoration and preservation; transportation;
- wood working; art; sewing;
- tour guides;
- photography; video creation and editing;
- public relations; word processing; history;
- website development and maintenance.
Please be sure to check with your employer. Some local businesses offer benefits to organizations where their employees regularly volunteer.
All that is required is a spirit of helpfulness and your willingness to be part of our wonderful program! We will find a member with similar interests to serve as a mentor and work with you. See you at the museum!